Learn how to sideload apps to your non-jailbroken iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) for free. This tutorial will walk you through how to install unsigned or cracked apps to your device.
- Computer (Windows or Mac or Linux) with the latest version of iTunes installed
- Apple ID (free) or Apple Developer account ($99/year)
We will be using Cydia Impactor to install .IPA files to our device. You will need the .IPA file of the app you wish to install before we begin. DEB files are not supported by Cydia Impactor but can easily be converted to .IPA files.
If you are signing the app with your Apple ID (free), please note that the certificate will expire after seven days which you will then need to re-sideload the app again. Fortunately, it’s really easy and quick to sideload apps so it shouldn’t be too much trouble. Otherwise, an Apple Developer account will allow sideloaded apps to remain valid for a year.
1. Download Cydia Impactor to your computer here:
2. Connect your iOS device to your computer
3. Run Cydia Impactor*
3. Select your device in the drop-down menu
4. Drag and drop your .IPA file onto the program
5. Enter your Apple ID and password**
6. Once the app is installed on your device, go to Settings > General > Device Management > select your profile and hit Trust
You will now be able to run the sideloaded app on your iOS device.
*Windows 10 – Do not ‘run as Administrator’
**In case you were worried, your Apple ID and password is not sent to anyone but Apple. The tool was created by Saurik, a prominent and trusted contributor of the jailbreaking community.
If you have two-factor authentication enabled on your Apple ID account, you will need to generate and use an ‘app-specific password’ for step 5 otherwise you will get an ‘provision.cpp:150’ error.
How-to Create App-Specific Password
1. Sign into your Apple ID account here
2. Hit ‘Edit’ in the ‘Security’ section
3. Select ‘App-Specific Password’ and hit ‘Generate Password’
4. Enter a name for the password and hit ‘Create’
5. Now enter the generated password in the password field for step 5
Please leave us a comment if you have any questions!